InnerSpace Electronics’ Greenwich, Conn. client purchased the property next to his main residence in order to build a guest house/accessory building. This would serve the purpose of housing guests when they came to visit, but the primary purpose was for the space to be the main hangout location for the client and his teenage children.
The house is design built with a great room and kitchen, as well as a basketball court, golf simulation room, squash court, a batting cage, movie theater, gym, outdoor television space, pool and patio. Each of the spaces is tied together with a Savant integrated control system.
The Savant system controls 11 zones of audio and video, a Lutron QS lighting system, 42 Sivoia motorized shades, security cameras, a dedicated home theater, HVAC, the security system, the pool and spa, and monitoring and email alerts of Sump Pumps and Water Bugs.
The house also has an enterprise-grade network and a Panasonic phone system. While the client did not categorize himself as an audiophile, it was important that there was music in every room and that it sounded great. In typical installations, this would not be a problem.
However, the integration team did run into challenges with the basketball court in the design phase. The room is large, open and had the potential to be an acoustical nightmare. After exploring different design choices, InnerSpace ultimately decided on Bowers + Wilkins in-wall speakers installed in the lower half of the room to eliminate as much echo as possible.
Since this space was not built like a typical home, the ceiling heights were close to 40 feet, and all of the building’s windows had motorized window treatments. InnerSpace took great care in timing final shade measurements and installation to ensure the scaffolding would still be on site. Great communication with the other trades was pertinent.
This client enjoys his music but also requested a high-end movie-going experience. The media room has a 4K Sony VPLVW365ES projector with a Stewart Stealth 123-inch screen. He has a Marantz SR6010 surround sound processor that powers two B+W CT7.3 LCR speakers for front left, center and right channel surround sound, two B+W CWM7.5 speakers for side right and left channels and two CWM7.5 speakers for rear left and right channels, as well as a B+W SA1000 Class D subwoofer. The media room can be controlled using the client‘s phone or iPad via the Savant interface.
- Equipment List
- Savant/Pro Host SSD Package
- Savant/SmartAudio SSA-3220D/Matrix Switcher
- RTI/XP-6/Remote Control processor
- RTI/T2i/Remote controls
- Bowers & Wilkins/CCM-664/speakers
- Stewart/Luxus Deluxe SNDQ123HST13G3NZX/Projector screen
- Marantz/SR6010/Surround sound receiver
- Bowers & Wilkins/CT7.3 LCRS/speakers
- Middle Atlantic/Slim 5-29/Rack equipment
- Lutron/Homeworks HQP6-2-120/Lighting processor
- Lutron/Sivoia QS 64 shades/motorized shades
- Savant/CLI-8000/Thermostat control processor
- IC Realtime/NVR-716N/Camera NVR
- IC Realtime/ICIP-D2010-IR-D/Surveillance cameras
- Pakedge/RE-2/Network router
- Ruckus/ZD1205/Network controller
- Ruckus/R500/Wireless access points