VIZIO gives pricing and availability details for its new Reference Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs
High-end home theater enthusiasts can rejoice. That’s because VIZIO, Inc., and Dolby Laboratories, Inc., finally shed some light on when the new VIZIO Reference Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs—the first-ever complete High Dynamic Range televisions to come Dolby Vision playback technology—would become available and how much they will cost.
Here goes: The 65” class model (RS65-B2) will retail for $5,999.99, and the 120” class (RS120-B3) will retail for $129,999.99. Interested customers can submit their orders now on VIZIO’s website, and they will then be contacted by a local custom installer to arrange or delivery and white-glove setup service.
"VIZIO and Dolby have worked tirelessly together to make true High Dynamic Range a reality for consumers. The picture quality achieved with Dolby Vision on the VIZIO Reference Series is literally jaw-dropping and establishes a new level of excellence for the industry," Matt McRae, Chief Technology Officer at VIZIO, said in a statement. "High Dynamic Range and Ultra Color Spectrum is enabled through proprietary, custom panel technologies creating a television that pushes the limits of contrast ratios and color gamut while redefining the level of picture quality available at home.”
According to VIZIO, the Dolby Vision playback technology offers increased brightness and greater color accuracy on the Reference Series units. The 65” model, for example, features an 800-nit, Full-Array LED backlight and 384 Active LED Zones for a “stunningly vivid Ultra HD picture.”
A number of partners have come together with VIZIO and Dolby to ensure that a wide range of content will be ready for viewing on the Reference Series models including Netflix and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Netflix said it is committed remastering its content in Dolby Vision, and Warner Bros. already has a series of titles available in a Dolby Vision-ready format.
Here's a more complete list of features, provided by VIZIO:
- Blazing fast 802.11ac dual-band WiFi for a fast, efficient streaming experience.
- VIZIO Internet Apps Plus for access to High Dynamic Range playback through VUDU and Ultra HD content through apps including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, UltraFlix, and Toon Goggles.1
- Seamless discovery and organization of apps with support from the HEVC H.265 codec and the VIZIO V6 six-core processor.
- Clear Action 1800 and a blazing fast 240 Hz effective refresh rate achieved with backlight scanning for superior motion clarity and a VM50 Engine for dedicated Ultra HD motion and picture-processing.
- A powerful Spatial Scaling Engine beautifully transforms ordinary 1080p pixels to finer, more accurate Ultra HD pixels.
- Future-ready HDMI ports to help ensure usability of next generation cable and satellite receivers, Blu-ray players and game consoles.
- A breakthrough achievement for integrated home theater audio in the 65" class model supplemented by a powerful 10" wireless subwoofer and two rear satellite speakers.
- Top-of-the-line audio technologies from Dolby and DTS, including over 101 dB of crystal-clear sound with less than 1% harmonic distortion.2