VIZIO displays its Premium Reference Series collection with Dolby Vision HDR support at CEDIA
During the opening day of CEDIA 2015 in Dallas, VIZIO demonstrated its Reference Series collection of televisions. According to VIZIO, its new line of screens are the industry's first ever complete 4K Ultra HD High Dynamic Range with Dolby Vision playback technology.
Available in 65” and 120” class sizes, the Reference Series includes a number of VIZIO innovations including Ultra Color Spectrum for a wider color gamut, a quantum dot panel in the 65” class model, an 800-nit, Full-Array LED backlight, and 384 Active LED Zones for its vivid Ultra HD picture.
For custom installers, VIZIO said, direct IR inputs and a database of discrete IR codes will allow them to cleanly integrate Reference Series screens with a customer's home automation system. And to “help ensure a premium experience,” VIZIO said it worked with PowerHouse Alliance to train its installer members on specifications necessary for consumer and commercial spaces.
“The Reference Series is a premium, state-of-the-art product that warrants professional installation to maximize the consumer experience,” Matt McRae, Chief Technology Officer, VIZIO, said in a statement. “VIZIO is excited to be working with PowerHouse Alliance to bring the collection to the custom installation market. As the first-ever 4K Ultra HD High Dynamic Range TV that offers a complete, end-to-end solution with Dolby Vision, the Reference Series truly raises the bar for cinephiles who expect nothing but the very best out of their technology. High Dynamic Range combined with Ultra Color Spectrum are enabled through proprietary, custom panel technologies creating a television that redefines ‘home theater’ and challenges preexisting contrast ratio and color gamut standards.”
Other Reference Series Collection features include:
- Custom Installation-friendly features like direct, rear-panel IR input with discrete IR commands that are available on request
- Blazing fast 802.11ac dual-band WiFi for a fast, efficient streaming experience
- VIZIO Internet Apps Plus for access to content to a variety of popular apps
- Seamless discovery and organization of apps with support from the HEVC H.265 codec and the VIZIO V6 six-core processor
- Clear Action 1800 and a blazing fast 240 Hz effective refresh rate achieved with backlight scanning for superior motion clarity and a VM50 Engine for dedicated Ultra HD motion and picture-processing.
- A powerful Spatial Scaling Engine beautifully transforms ordinary 1080p pixels to finer, more accurate Ultra HD pixels
- Future-ready HDMI ports to help ensure usability of next generation cable and satellite receivers, Blu-ray players and game consoles
- Integrated home theater audio in the 65" class model supplemented by a powerful 10" wireless subwoofer and two rear satellite speakers
- Top-of-the-line audio technologies from Dolby and DTS, including over 101 dB of crystal-clear sound with less than 1 percent harmonic distortion
- Custom designed wall mount included with the 120-inch model
Interested customers can submit their 65” and 120” VIZIO Reference Series orders through the company's website. After an order is received, a PowerHouse Alliance member installer in the customer's area will reach out to coordinate delivery and installation.