URC is now shipping its Complete Control MX-990 remote
Universal Remote Control (URC) has announced it is now shipping its most advanced remote, the MX-990. The remote is part of the RF-based Complete Control (MX-Series) line. The MX-990 uses Narrow-Band RF and is fully file compatible with URC's MX-980 remote control.
According to URC, the remote was created with a strong focus on creative customization. It allows programmers flexibility in graphic design and layout. It allows graphics to be stored on the remote and archived in a PC.
"It's exciting to get this to market for our dealers, further serving their needs for fast, profitable installations with the latest in control technology. Creative dealers will love the 'Freeform Graphics' feature that allows full customization. Plus, the MX-990 accepts all MX-980 files, so there's ZERO learning curve for programmers," Cat Toomey, URC Director of Marketing, said in a statement.
"The new MX-990 provides an awesome way to easily upgrade existing clients. And, it satisfies the countless installations that require 'off the network' solutions, as it requires no networking gear for entertainment control."
"This hot new addition is proof of our continued growth and support of the renowned MX-Series products and thousands of dealers worldwide.
Features of the MX-990 include:
- Fully customizable color 2.4" LCD screen
- Provides "off the network" control solution for one room or many
- Graphics are stored on remote, so when uploaded from remote to PC, graphics are sent to the PC for archival purposes.
- Can run MX-980 files
- Uses Narrow-Band 418 MHz RF radio frequency
- Works with all URC 418 MHz RF Base Stations (MRX-350, MRF-260)
- URC "i-series" version with 433MHz RF available later in 2016
- Includes rechargeable battery and charging cradle