One Voice: The Future of Control Systems
Six months ago, we rebranded our publication and its online properties to Technology Integrator, promising to continue to invest in our status as the preeminent business strategy magazine for the residential and the crossing over to commercial and security electronics integration professionals.
Nowhere can you measure our audience’s expansion into integrating all technology throughout the home or small business more than through our annual Control Survey. The survey results from the August Survey Monkey confirm that Technology Integrator subscribers are the experts who embrace the adage, “own the network, own the customer.” You told us loud and clear that your customers, both residential and commercial, have substantially grown your business by purchasing these key areas of functionality:
• HVAC Control: 66.9 percent, up from 62 percent in 2012
• Window Covering Control: 58 percent, up from 55 percent in 2012
• Monitoring Services/Security/Access Control: 64.2 percent, up from 52 percent in 2012
• Energy Management: 69.6 percent, up from 45 percent in 2012
• Mobile Electronics: 41.9 percent, up from 27 percent in 2012
In our April 2013 issue—just six months ago—we reported our overall Readership Study facts and figures. Forty-four percent of the respondents said they were already integrating security, with 27 percent considering the market segment. Clearly, our subscribers have put their money where their mouths are! Today, just six months later, 64.2 percent of the audience is installing security systems.
We’re seeing another uptick in our social media engagement with Technology Integrator:
• Facebook: 16.4 percent, up from 10.5 percent in April 2013
• LinkedIn: 16.4 percent, up from 11 percent in April 2013
• Twitter: 8.9 percent, up from 6.1 percent in April 2013
As you pack up and head to Denver for CEDIA EXPO, stay in touch with our active social media team for real-time updates on hot products, cool parties and new technologies.