The Big Picture: 10 Ways to Improve Business Performance
Last month, Frank White of marketing consultancy Weld2 told Azione dealers how to enhance their operations by developing their own innovative business processes. He offered these 10 tips.
1. Draft how each project actually works.
2. Think BIG, spend slowly, act small.
3. Involve all stakeholders—including staff, customer and suppliers—in the planning.
4. Identify your champions (star employees who offer solutions).
5. Bring those champs into the project early to harvest opinions, get suggestions for improvement, and discuss implementation plans.
6. Establish a scoreboard to record milestones and deadlines, and measure the stuff that matters.
7. Identify quickly obtainable goals to boost staff and client morale early in the process.
8. Collaborate on a communication process to prioritize what info is really needed, and who should be in the loop.
9. Measure results through daily project reports, and identify/reward performance.
10. Take advantage of outside help. Outsource functions like pre-wire and trim, and web development. Get training from suppliers and industry associations. Seek out financial coaching from experts.