SVS introduces Prime Elevation home theater speaker
Specialty consumer audio company, SVS, has announced their new home theater speaker, the SVS Prime Elevation. The Prime Elevation is primed for ceiling, on-wall, speaker stand or shelf mounting in several arrays.
“Adaptability has become a major factor in loudspeaker design, especially with the rise of more immersive audio formats,” Gary Yacoubian, president, SVS, said in a statement. “The SVS Prime Elevation adapts to almost any home theater set-up and plays a variety of roles exceptionally well. Audio enthusiasts will love all the possibilities this powerful, multi-purpose speaker affords.”
“The flexibility of the SVS Prime Elevation make it a great home theater investment because it can be used exclusively or moved around to suit different needs over time as a system grows,” Yacoubian also said in a statement.
The SVS Prime Elevation can be used in the following ways:
- As a down-firing height channel speaker, meant for mounting high on a side wall
- As an up-firing height channel speaker for the same formats, placed on stands or atop tower speakers
- As an up-firing or down-firing front or center channel speaker with projector screens or where level placement at ear height is not possible
- As a side or rear-firing surround speaker, when placement on a side or rear wall is not optimal for the most convincing side or back surround effects
- A pair of Elevation speakers can be wall-mounted and wired to become a bipole or dipole surround speaker.
The SVS Prime Elevation includes a secure wall bracket kit to allow the speaker to be mounted in any of four positions and positioned for performance depending on the application. It also features a universal mounting option with a ¼” 20TPI brass insert that works with many other kits. The SVS Prime Elevation comes in Gloss Black, Gloss White and Black Ash with a hand-painted satin baffle.