Survey Results: Project Management
In the May issue of CustomRetailer, we asked our Insight columnist and industry insider, Rob Ain, to develop an online Zoomerang Survey based on how custom integrators are developing their project management. The following are the responses we received. Thanks so much to all who participated!
1. What percentage of your business involves some component of delivery or installation?
208 Responses. 80%-100% in the affirmative.
2. If you take the above number, what percentage of that revenue is non-product related? For example, if your total gross revenue is $1,000,000 per year and the percentage that has delivery or installation component is 80 percent or $800,000, what percentage of this $800,000 is charges for delivery, installation, project management, drafting or programming?
144 Responses. Averages out between 35% to 40%
3. Please check from the list below which you bill for separately?
Installation 123 92%
Project Management 52 39%
Drafting 36 27%
Programming 100 75%
4. What is your hourly rate or flat fee charge for each of the following categories?
Of the 131 Responses we received, the average for installation was: A low of $35, a high of $199, an average of approx $75-$85. For project management: A low of $35, a high of $175, an average of $90-$100. For drafting: A low of $25, a high of $175, an average of $90. For programming: A low of $25, a high of $500 (depending on what’s being programmed), an average of $110.
5. Of your total non-product revenue, what is the percentage of revenue for each of the following categories?
Of the 131 Responses we received, the average for revenue installation was 58%. Project management was 17%. Drafting was 5%. Programming was 15%. Delivery was 5%.
6. Please check which you use in-house?
Project Managers 93 81%
Drafting 57 50%
Programming 101 88%