Sen.se launches HABITS to help keep new year’s resolutions in check
It’s baaack. Sen.se, makers of the world’s creepiest IoT device, Mother, has announced the launch of HABITS, a new application for the Mother IoT hub. HABITS is dedicated to helping people keep new year's resolutions and pursue daily routines.
The new HABITS app is designed to help users remember the things they have to do everyday, like feed the goldfish, as well as the things they would like to do, like practice piano.
The app is set up like all Mother apps:
- Set the time slots of the day, week or month of a routine task (e.g., watering the plants every week).
- Place a Mother smart sensor on the object that should be used on a regular basis (e.g., the watering can).
- If the watering can isn't used to water plants at the time entered, a reminder will be sent.
HABITS was created with the intention of creating good habits out of routine behaviors. The HABIT sensor only sends a reminder if the task has been forgotten. The goal of HABITS is to take an activity and transform it into a habit so that the user does not have to receive reminders.
A detailed historical chart displayed on the dashboard helps monitor the behavior’s regularity over time, until the habit is embedded into the user’s routine. Users can choose the reminder they want based on personal preferences. Smartphone notifications, email, text message or sound notifications are all options.
Features of the HABITS sensor include:
- Detects the movements of everyday objects
- Doesn’t record accidental movements that don't correspond to the right duration
- Possibility to configure hourly, daily, weekly or monthly repetition
- Allows user to send notifications before indicated time
- Sends notifications after the end of the specified time slot when nothing has been detected
- The frequency and interval between each reminder are adjustable
- Displays the imminent event
- Displays all the events over a day, a week or month period
- Allows user to manually validate or correct an event
- Allows user to choose their favorite notification channels: smartphone notification (via the Pocket Mother App), Email, text message, phone call or directly by Mother
HABITS can also be used to assist elder loved ones to remotely check if they are carrying out their daily routines (opening the fridge for breakfast, entering the bathroom, turning on the TV…). If no movement is detected, a notification can be sent to the family or a trusted third party.