Schneider Electric’s Wiser Air Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat now available
Schneider Electric has announced the launch of Wiser Air, their first Wi-Fi Smart thermostat for residential consumers. Schneider Electric specializes in electricity distribution and automation management and produces installation components for energy management.
“Wiser Air fills the gap in the home energy market for smart, easy-to-use solutions that help homeowners simplify energy efficiency,” Yann Kulp, Vice President of Residential Energy Solutions, Schneider Electric, said in a statement. “We’re excited to bring our commercial energy management expertise to the consumer market with a product that puts the user experience first in every aspect.”
Wiser Air features a smartphone style, high-resolution 3.5” color touchscreen and a plug-and-play design. It can be operated through its corresponding smartphone app.
Key features of Wiser Air include:
- Wiser Forecast: Provides extreme weather alerts and allows homeowners to adapt to the latest weather information.
- Comfort Boost: Delivers 15-60 minutes of on-demand heating or cooling without affecting thermostat settings and schedules.
- Smart Sensors: Smart Sense sensors automatically interact with the user when near, and respond to real-time changes in temperature and light.
- Wiser Pulse: Provides status updates via the user configurable ambient glow, enabling homeowners to be more aware of energy use.
- Ready Modes: Allows homeowners to tweak their energy schedule to their personal settings.
- Advanced Scheduling: Includes flexible scheduling and automatic programming features to help homeowners maximize energy savings.