Samsung Courts Gaming Community with QLED Gaming Tournaments
Consumer adoption is something that relies almost entirely on education. If you can't build a reputation or value proposition, how would you expect to sell it? Samsung is building that value prop for their QLED TVs, bringing them on the road for gamers to compete in a Forza Motorsport 7 competition in a few select cities.
The gaming industry has long been an avenue built to disrupt consumer electronics and build loyalty among early adopters. Samsung is latching onto that by bringing a converted 18-wheeler packed with a handful of their self-prescribed QLED TVs for gamers to experience quantum dot technology up close and personal. The custom-build gaming pods are stocked with a copy of Forza Motorsport 7 playing on an Xbox One X displayed on their QLED. More specifically, Samsung will be showcasing their Q9 lineup, which features AMD Radeon FreeSync capabilities - an industry first according to Samsung - with adaptive refresh tech for stutter-free gaming. These little nuances are important as gaming consoles begin to flex their own capabilities and they need a TV that can keep up.
After launching at E3 last week, the "QLED Cup" tour continues into the summer with Samsung challenging gamers in LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas and Houston who visit the QLED semi-truck to participate in the QLED Cup activation. Participants have the opportunity to compete in Samsung's Forza Motorsport 7 competition, for a chance to win premium prizes from Samsung and Xbox. Equipped with custom-built gaming pods and QLED TVs, Samsung's QLED semi-truck will serve as competition grounds, with participants racing for the fastest winning time.
Samsung's QLED Cup activation experience will be available at select events, stadiums and retail locations, including the below (more dates to be added):
- Fry's Electronics, Renton, WA: June 22-24
- Fry's Electronics, San Jose, CA: July 6
- Fry's Electronics, Sunnyvale, CA: July 7
- Fry's Electronics, Fremont, CA: July 8
- Fry's Electronics, Manhattan Beach, CA: July 12
- Fry's Electronics, Fountain Valley, CA: July 13
- Fry's Electronics, San Diego, CA: July 14-15
- Comic-Con, San Diego, CA: July 19-22
- Fry's Electronics, Las Vegas, NV: July 26
- Conn's HomePlus, Phoenix, AZ: July 29
- Conn's HomePlus, Mesquite, TX: August 3
- NFM, The Colony, TX: August 5