Safety Alert: Inirv Labs Launches Kitchen Stove Auto Shut-Off and Control Device
As a response to the estimated 357,000 house fires in the United States every year, Inirv Labs created the Inirv React, available for pre-sale on Kickstarter until Wednesday, February 15. The Inirv React allows users to control and shut off their kitchen stove remotely.
The device consists of two parts: the knob unit and a sensor unit that attaches with a non-marking adhesive to the ceiling. The knobs attach directly to any existing gas or electric stove knobs. They are designed to detect and react to hazardous situations to help prevent house fires caused by stovetops that were left on.
Key features include:
- Burner Shut-Off: Burners will automatically turn off when sensors detect unsafe situations or can be disabled remotely via the Inirv React app
- Gas & Smoke Detectors: Identify smoke and flammable gases
- Motion Sensor: Identifies periods of prolonged absence in the kitchen
- Timer: Communicates with the motion sensor to detect when a stove is left on accidentally
- Touch Sensor: User interface allows for timer adjustment and alarm cancellation
- LED Halo Rings: Light rings indicate the timer setting, status of the device and environment of your kitchen
- Universal Adapters: For easy installation and compatibility with any gas or electric stove
- Rechargeable Battery: Provides long battery life and eliminates the need for battery replacement
- Heat & Chemical Resistant: Constructed with safe, high quality materials to ensure durability
- Bluetooth: Allows the knob and sensor units to wirelessly communicate
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Communicates with users’ smartphones to let them know what’s going on in the kitchen and how to remotely turn off the stove
- Smartphone App: Allows users to change burner temperature remotely and receive real-time alerts if hazards are detected
According to Inirv, all funds raised will go towards completing production. The Kickstarter campaign can be found here.