New Sears Web Service Helps Homeowners Repair and Maintain Their Home
Sears, which recently launched a “Meet With an Expert” service for online shoppers, is upping its online offerings once again. The company announced on Monday the launch of SearsHomeServces.com, a new website that promises to “simplify how homeowners repair, improve, and maintain their home.” The new service, according to Sears, will provide average cost and time to repair estimates as well as tips for DIY quick fixes.
"You don't have to go it alone," Sean Skelley, president, Sears Home Services, said in a statement. "We are the house experts for homeowners, and our new website connects homeowners to repair or improvement experts quickly. So whether it's one of our more than 6,000 technicians to fix a washer or a home improvement specialist to provide specifications for a new heating system or roof, SearsHomeServices.com has you covered."
The new Sears website features information that “improves how members care for their homes, such as do-it-yourself quick fixes to common appliance issues,” Sears said. Other improvements and benefits include:
- A mobile-friendly design. The site is built around a responsive design that will fit to any sized screen
- DIY quick fixes. Get DIY solutions to common appliance issues, or schedule an appointment with an expert for more complex problems.
- Regional statistics. View regional information like the number of repairs completed, average cost, and length of time for repairs in your area. This helps the member make “informed decisions” when scheduling services, Sears said.
- Online appointment scheduling. Homeowners can schedule an appointment online, add appointment details, and receive text message confirmations. They’ll also receive updates prior to and on the day of the appointment.
- Yelp-like ratings. Get in-depth information about local Sears technicians with ratings, number of years of experience, and photos.
- Verified customer reviews. Check thousands of reviews from other customers about their experiences with Sears Home Services.
"As a leader in the home services industry, Sears Home Services is enhancing our website after listening to feedback from our members," said Skelley. "The new Sears Home Services website makes it easier for customers to understand what issues may exist with their home and schedule an appointment."