Monitor Audio Introduces CW Custom Subwoofer Series
Joining Monitor Audio's expanding lineup of high performance speaker systems for custom installers, the ultra-compact CW8 and CW10 are designed to generate deep bass impact with high output from easy-to-hide enclosures.
Engineered for control in operation, bass quality and in-room concealment, the compact CW8 and CW10 cubes will add explosive bass frequencies to music and AV systems when tucked behind furniture on room boundaries. Their compact rigid 18mm MDF cubic cabinets with regular 10" (CW8) and 12" (CW10) dimensions incorporate no fewer than three robust, similarly-sized C-CAM drivers: 8" (CW8) and 10" (CW10). Each system array comprises an active high-excursion drive unit powered and trimmed by potent DSP-tuned amplification, together with twin side-mounted ABRs (Auxiliary Bass Radiators).
DEEP BASS CONTROL
For each system, proprietary DSP control software regulates the output from a powerful integrated 400W Class-D amplifier, keeping distortion within very low limits, even when the systems are driven hard. The flanking ABRs in each model augment the active driver to provide three times the radiating area at low frequencies for high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) and diminished distortion. As a result Monitor Audio's new CW8 and CW10 super-cubes reproduce deep, clean bass frequencies at pressure levels beyond the capabilities of similarly-sized competitors, delivering great bass enhancement to any system with the convenience of easy set-up, operation and room positioning.
COMPREHENSIVE OPERATION CONTROL
The new CW series places all the power in the hands of the installer and client. Each little bass-engine is generously specified with custom installation in mind, providing versatile input and control options including RS-232 and a dedicated 'SubConnect' PC applet via a wired USB interface. Panel inputs include stereo RCA (mainly for two-channel applications), unbalanced RCA or balanced (XLR) LFE connections, and a 12V power trigger (for connection to an AVR). RS-232 provides integration with a 3rd party system control to choose such things as power-on preferences. A list of codes is provided to enable programming.
Panel controls include four pre-set buttons factory-calibrated to provide optimum EQ effects for music, movie, flat and impact. The limits of each parametric function can be adjusted in the 'SubConnect' PC Applet (available as a download from monitoraudio.co.uk) to provide user pre-sets. Additionally, by using the Applet, each input can be assigned a different set of values and features to accommodate, for instance, systems with different output levels. Auto input signal sensing is possible, with the off time adjustable in the Applet.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Ultra-compact 'cube' shape designs.
- Twin side-mounted ABRs for increased output and reduced distortion. Higher output than a sealed box and better control and zero air noise compared to a ported box.
- High excursion woofers featuring signature C-CAM cone technology.
- High-power Class-D amplifier delivering 400 watts.
- DSP processing -all functions performed in the digital domain for precise control.
- RS-232 for integration with system controllers.
- SubConnect' PC Applet for full feature adjustment, installer set-up and firmware update using USB.
- LFE Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA Inputs.
- Stereo RCA line level inputs.
- Phase switch (0-180 degrees).
- 12V trigger and auto signal sensing with timer control.
- 4 x pre-set equalization optimized for music, movie, flat and impact with customization through SubConnect Applet.
- Robust metal mesh grille on front woofer.
- Rigid MDF cabinet construction with durable vinyl finish.
CLICK HERE for more information on the CW SERIES
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Technology Integrator. The views expressed within do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Technology Integrator.