Monitor Audio Introduces New AWC (All-Weather Custom) Series
The new 'All-Weather Custom' Series of in-wall/ceiling speakers from Monitor Audio will carry the brand's quality discreetly into garden, pool and marine areas, proving that there is no environment beyond the reach of great sound.
Not only are the four new AWC models equipped with the excellence of over four decades of award-winning speaker engineering, their stealthy flush-fitting design includes a heightened level of water, dust, corrosion, UV and temperature protection, providing custom installations with long-term reliability in the most challenging conditions.
Developed using all-C-CAM driver systems derived from Monitor Audio's critically acclaimed hi-fi speakers, the new AWC series comprises stylish two-way 6 1/2" and 8" models (AWC265 and AWC280) with single speaker stereo (T2) variants, the AWC265-T2 and AWC280-T2. Anodized black for stealthy in-wall/ceiling integration, the C-CAM bass drivers combine co-axially with Monitor Audio's renowned 1" C-CAM tweeters, which are twinned and angled on the T2 versions to deliver high performance stereo sound from a single unit where space is limited.
Protecting the drive systems are low profile trimless grilles engineered from high-grade stainless steel and fixed using special non-corroding rare earth magnets for easy utility. The rear of each model is polymer encased to prevent the ingress of dirt and moisture. Where it meets wall or ceiling, a layer of specially formulated EPDM barrier material ensures a long-lasting waterproof seal. Also at the back, silicon-guard-protected push terminals are joined by high frequency level adjustment controls, designed to optimise response in a range of environments from wide open spaces to tiled pool areas.
Trouble-free and secure installation is offered through Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system, which is easier to install than conventional 'dog' fixings and provides three times the clamping surface area for a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and mid-range clarity.
The AWC Series joins our established 'Climate' range of weather-proof cabinet speakers to extend the choice of robust, all-weather options available from Monitor Audio's wide architectural speaker line-up, adding super-discreet, weather-proof high performance to a growing list of reliable outcomes.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- High Performance C-CAM bass and high frequency drivers.
- Stainless Steel 'Trimless' grille - strong and resistant to corrosion.
- Non-ferrous Samarium Cobalt magnets for grille attachment - prevent rust and corrosion.
- IP55 certified for Extreme climate conditions: Salt Spray, UV stability, Water, Vibration, Anti-corrosion.
- Patented Tri-grip Dog-leg fixings.
- EPDM barriers to prevent moisture. EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber membrane (ethylene propylene diene monomer).
- Gold plated push terminals with silicon cover.
- Stainless fixing screws with Silicone covers.
- Tweeter level attenuation (internal) - set prior to installation.
- Applications: pool rooms, bathrooms, marine deck; universal outdoor installation
CLICK HERE to download the AWC Series Brochure
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Technology Integrator. The views expressed within do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Technology Integrator.