Meridian rolls out new ‘.2’ loudspeaker models with over 270 different color options
Meridian introduced two new editions of the company’s DSP loudspeaker line and said that they are available to ship now. The DSP5200.2 ($12,000 per pair) and the DSP7200.2 ($30,000 per pair) Loudspeakers use Meridian’s proprietary Digital Signal Processing technology and include a number of technological improvements that help to deliver “superior performance in many areas,” Meridian explained.
Originally introduced by Meridian over 20 years ago, the Digital Active DSP Loudspeaker concept provides “the most accurate and effective path to high-quality sound reproduction,” Meridian said. And both new models are built with smart processing and amplification, which Meridian said helps to create a complete audio system in the loudspeaker.
Other key features include:
- Advanced, high-efficiency composite dome tweeter.
- DSP active advantage – self-contained audio system with no amplification equipment needed.
- Centre elevation adjustment technology delivered with Horizontal Centre version.
- Advanced listener controls including bass, treble tilt, listening axis, volume, time-compensated balance and absolute phase.
- Outstanding performance - three powerful, built in 75W amplifiers with DSP provide a maximum output level of 116dB at 1m.
- On-board DSP provides thermal and dynamic bass protection – enables high-level use for prolonged periods of time.
- Features Meridian’s proprietary Enhanced Bass Alignment (EBA) technology.
- Multiple installation applications in home and marine environments enabled by Meridian’s unique Design and Specification Service.
The standard colors of the models are black and white. Meridian Select bespoke color service is available at a 5 percent upcharge, the company said.