Marantz Unveils Network AV Receiver SR6011 with 9 Power Amps
- Includes 9 power amplifiers, each rated 110 watts
- Includes Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Expected in September for $1,399.00
Marantz, a world leader in advanced audio technologies, continues to add to its 2016 home theater line-up with the SR6011, which follows the recently announced slim-design NR1607 and full-size SR5011. The Marantz SR6011 offers a step-up in quality build and design, sonic performance and features for the advanced home cinema enthusiast. A key attribute in this price-class is that it comes with 9 power amplifiers that are each rated at 110 watts for greater flexibility in multi-room and 3D sound setups. It is expected to be available in September for $1,399.00.
Packed with all the latest audio and video technologies, the Marantz SR6011 is an ideal addition to any home cinema, thanks to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X compatibility. Both new formats feature object-based surround sound with the ability to drive overhead speakers to deliver the ultimate immersive 3D audio experience. To enjoy the new dimensions with ease, the SR6011 is equipped with 9 channel amplification, enabling users to setup a 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 speaker 3D experience without the need of an external amplifier. If users choose to use an external amplifier, the setup can be extended to 7.1.4 because the SR6011 features 11.2 channel processing. If the SR6011 is not in use for 3D audio, the integrated amplifiers can get assigned to drive another pair of speakers in a second audio zone, running a different source than the main room.
The SR6011 features high-grade audio components that have been carefully selected for the renowned Marantz sound. The whole internal circuit further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz-own HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) in Current Feedback topology before passing them on to the power stage to fire up the connected speakers. The powerful amplifier section features discrete high current output devices on all 9 channels, and all amp channels are configured identically. Rated at 110 watts per channel (8 ohms, 0.08%, 20Hz~20kHz), the SR6011 has the ability to drive lower impedance 4 ohm speakers on all channels. It has enough power to fill large rooms, and thanks to advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 is tailored perfectly to any individual listening room.
Prepared for the future, the SR6011 features an advanced video section that's fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the SR6011 is ready for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. In addition, the SR6011 can upscale standard and high definition analog and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into favorite legacy sources.
Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with dual antennas that help ensure robust signal transmission and reception. Once connected, music can easily be streamed through AirPlay, network attached storage devices (NAS), Internet Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, and Spotify Connect (where available; subscription required). High resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity. To round up the flexibility, an 11.2 channel pre-out section, the RS232 port, IP control and support for Crestron Connected makes the SR6011 very appealing for advanced custom installation purposes.
No need to study a manual to set-up the SR6011; users can follow the on-screen instructions with the assistance of the Graphical User Interface, Setup Assistant, and Audyssey MultEQ room calibration. Once set up, daily operation is simple and convenient with the new Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. For those energy savings, the SR6011 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically save significant electrical power without influencing the overall performance.
SR6011 9.2ch Network AV Receiver – Main Features
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- Improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- 9ch discrete power amplifier, 110W per channel (8 ohms, 0.08%, 20Hz~20kHz)
- Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 2 HDMI outputs
- Plenty of inputs for your digital devices; ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel
- Analogue to HDMI conversion and full SD/HD to 4K Upscaling for legacy video sources
- Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analogue sources
- Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4) and DTS:X
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Network Audio Streaming
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF and WAV support
- High Resolution audio streaming for HiFi enthusiasts
- Advanced Multi-Room options; 11.2ch pre-out with 11.2ch processing; RS232 Control
- Audio and video in multiple rooms; ready for 3rd Party Home Automation systems
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, SubEQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Delivering the ultimate equalization for your individual room
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Unprecedented level of command and control
- ISF video calibration
- Ready for professional calibration of home cinema TVs or projectors
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Technology Integrator. The views expressed within do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Technology Integrator.