Lutron Electronics announces 2015 Excellence Award winners and inducts two companies into Lutron Hall of Fame
Lutron Electronics handed out a dozen honors during its annual Excellence Awards competition. The 2015 winners, announced during the CEDIA 2015 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas last week, were recognized for their total-home control projects that utilize Lutron light, shade, and temperature controls, as well as appliance modules, third-party equipment, and more. The competition has recognized more than 100 Lutron residential systems providers since it began in 2003.
This year’s 2015 Excellence Award winners included:
- Best Commercial Project: Lext Vision, Inc. (Skokie, IL)
- Best Nautical Installation: Audio Contract (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Best Showroom Experience: DEL Motorized Solutions (Bensalem, PA)
- Most Environmentally Conscious Design: Chesley Electric (Park City, UT)
- Best Engineered System: ZIO (Winter Park, FL)
- Essence of Pleasance: Maxicon (Miami, FL)
- Best Interior Lighting Design: Gramophone (Timonium, MD)
- Best Integrated Home: Evolution Video & Sound (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Best Shade Installation/Design: Chesley Electric (Park City, UT)
- Most Creative Application: Bishop Electric (Carlisle, IA)
- Best Control of Natural Light: Eco High Fidelity (Carrollton, TX)
- Project of the Year: SM Contracts (London, England, United Kingdom)
Lutron also inducted two companies into its Hall of Fame. The Lutron Hall of Fame was established in 2009 and recognizes “excellence and dedication in the marketplace,” the company explained. Potential inductees are evaluated based on several factors including years of doing business with Lutron, loyalty, reputation, dedication to their business, market expansion efforts, executive initiatives, project innovations using Lutron products, and revenue growth.
This year, the Lutron Hall of Fame recognized AZ Custom Designs (Phoenix) and Best Lighting Controls and Integration (Lake Park, Florida).