Leviton announces Snap-Link Mobile App for Windows 10 devices
Leviton has announced their new Snap-Link Mobile application for use on Windows 10 devices, including Surface tablets, desktops, laptops and smartphones. The Snap-Link app was created as a solution for monitoring and controlling Leviton automation systems from remote and local locations. From the app, users can manage the security, entertainment and energy facets of all of their connected Leviton properties.
“We are delighted to provide our global automation customers with a variety of new Windows 10 options for managing their entire home and business via the phone in their pocket or the all-in-one PC in their living room,” Aaron Ard, mobile app innovation leader for the Leviton Energy Management, Controls and Automation business unit, said in a statement. “In fact, Leviton is proud to recognize that our first remote control app was developed for Windows Mobile devices back in 2007. We revel in the prospect to now offer these new control opportunities.”
“In today’s world, consumers can have complete remote control over almost everything including many technological aspects of their home or business,” Craig Dewar, Senior Director, Windows Marketing at Microsoft Corp, also said in a statement. “We are excited that Leviton has introduced the Snap-Link mobile app to be used with Windows 10 devices as this will continue to make security and automation convenient, safe and affordable for Windows users.”
The app can be used to:
- Disarm, arm or place your security system into vacation mode
- Unlock doors and gates
- View live surveillance footage
- Dim lights from 0-100% with slider bar
- Turn on/off connected loads including appliances, pumps, motors, compressors and more
- Adjust up to 64 smart Leviton thermostats at one time
- Turn on distributed audio and change the source or volume
- Run macro buttons that enact a chain of events, which includes turning on appropriate AV equipment, dimming lights, lowering shades, locking doors and more
The Snap-Link Mobile app for Windows 10 is now available from Microsoft for $15.99 (normally $19.99). The app can be used in conjunction with Leviton OmniPro II, Omni IIe, or Omni LTe security and automation systems.