Honeywell announces second generation Lyric Round Wi-Fi Thermostat
Honeywell’s has announced its second generation Lyric Round Wi-Fi Thermostat. The thermostat is now compatible with Apple HomeKit and was created for easy integration into other smart home ecosystems on the market such as Samsung SmartThings.
The second generation Lyric thermostat keeps the features of the original including, location-based, customized temperature control.
"The Lyric family continues to grow and improve, giving consumers the ability to be even more comfortable and in control of their homes with just one app," Jeremy Eaton, vice president of Honeywell's Home Comfort business, said in a statement.
"Honeywell knows that people are busier than ever, which is why the new Lyric thermostat was designed to suit people's busy lives to keep them comfortable when they are home and save money when they are away."
Key features and updates for the Lyric thermostat and app include:
- Apple HomeKit and Apple Watch – users can control the Lyric thermostat using Siri. They can set up special actions, connect to other HomeKit-enabled products in the home, as well as make changes and check multiple thermostats via the Apple Watch.
- Customizable Geofencing – users can create a custom geofence map and distance.
- Smart Alerts – the Lyric thermostat can send reminders about filter changes, warn of extreme temperatures and humidity inside the home and more.
- Intelligent Comfort Control – the Lyric thermostat considers temperature and humidity when adjusting and can work with users’ systems to adjust in-home humidity levels.
- Custom Shortcuts – users can create a dynamic heating/cooling schedule, and set up recurring event triggers via the thermostat or app.