Epson projectors dominated North American market in 2015
Epson America has announced that it continues to hold its number one position in the North America projector market for 2015.
According to PMA Research, Epson grew its overall North America market share to 48 percent in units in 2015, representing a five-point increase year-over-year. PMA also stated that Epson had a 34 percent revenue share, representing a four-point increase year-over-year – the largest share growth of any manufacturer.
Epson has had a positive revenue growth six years in a row.
"Image quality is the number one priority for projector buyers in business, education and home theater markets," Richard Miller, director, Projectors, Epson America, said in a statement.
"Epson's focus on delivering uncompromising image quality via our 3LCD technology means we consistently provide users with big, vibrant images, high color brightness and superior readability. Our continuous growth and high market share in each of these markets is a direct result of our product quality and the strong support of Epson's channel partners."
Epson's projector technology spans the following market segments:
- Business: Retained its position within the business market with a five point growth in unit share to 48 percent – the largest share growth of any manufacturer.
- Interactive Projectors: Epson BrightLink interactive projectors for education and business had 67 percent unit market share.
- Installation: Maintained its position within high-end projector (4,000+ lumens) market, with Epson PowerLite Pro G and Pro Z-Series projectors.
- Home Theater: Maintained its unit position within the home entertainment market with 45 percent unit market share.
- Home Theater Laser: Led high-end home theater laser market with 94 percent unit share in laser-phosphor light source projectors.
- Resolution Categories: Held the number one spot in major resolution categories, which include SVGA, XGA, 720p, WXGA and 1080p for consumers.
"Month in and month out, Epson consistently has the leading market share in each of our Reseller Tracking Service panels," PMA Research Vice President, Linda Norton, said.
"With Epson's extensive product line, we also saw many Epson models make our monthly 'Top 5' best-selling Projector lists throughout 2015. This was true across all channels and in a variety of product segments."
According to recent sell-through unit data, Epson continues to retain the top spot in the Pro AV, Distribution, Retail and Commercial Reseller channels for 2015 in North America.
PMA Research collects monthly sell-through data and reports on projector sales in the Distribution, Pro AV and Retail channels.