Edition X: HiFiMAN launches new high performance headphones
Makers of the popular HE1000 headphones, personal audio brand and high-performance headphone manufacturer, HiFiMAN, announced the arrival of their new Edition X full-size, open-back, planar magnetic headphone.
Retaining much of the same technology as the HE1000, Edition X features asymmetrical ear cups, beveled hybrid ear pads, window shade grill design and an ergonomic headband. With a high sensitivity of 103dB and weighing in at only fourteen ounces, the Edition X is made to work with smartphones and almost any portable audio devices.
HiFiMAN engineers were tasked with creating the ideal balance between high driver efficiency and high sound quality. To achieve this, they created an Advanced Asymmetrical Magnetic Circuit, a double-sided, asymmetrical magnetic circuit to bring together the X’s planar diaphragm and its magnetic partner.
“Following up on the wonderful success we have had with HE1000, I wanted to offer a headphone with similar features and performance yet one that would be more portable and not require a large expensive amplifier. With Edition X, we reduced the weight and greatly increased the sensitivity so that it sounds very good off a smartphone. Having a headphone like Edition X in our lineup will allow us to reach a wider audience of music lovers,” HiFiMAN Founder and President, Dr. Fang Bian, said in a statement.
Features of the HiFiMAN Edition X include:
- Ultra-thin diaphragm inspired by years of r&d, advanced planar magnetic driver reduces weight while lowering distortion and improving efficiency.
- High sensitivity of 103dB allows Edition X to be easily driven by virtually any portable audio device such as a smartphone, iPod etc.
- Advanced Asymmetrical Magnetic Circuit- double-sided magnetic circuit provides complete control of the driver for clarity and sonic precision.
- Asymmetrical Ear Cups- form follows function as ear cups are designed to properly fit the shape of the human ear.
- Beveled Ear Pads- asymmetrical shape follows the contour of the human head for acoustic seal and comfort.
- Ergonomic Headband accommodates a wide range of head sizes and applies pressure evenly for maximum comfort.
- Window Shade Grill System- provides greater openness and a wide soundstage by reducing unwanted reflections and distortion.
- Single Crystal Silver cable is user-replaceable and features plug-in connectors.
HiFiMAN Edition X is available now with a U.S. MSRP of $1799.