High-def audio products manufacturer DTS, Inc., announced this week a massive expansion of its Play-Fi whole-home wireless audio ecosystem through the addition of new hardware, services, and partnerships. The expansion increases the Play-Fi’s reach to now include a selection of 30 different audio products.
Play-Fi is a platform that allows different products from different brands and manufacturers to operate together seamlessly, giving the user an optimized whole-home streaming experience without having to lock into a single brand. DTS explained that the tech also enables wireless audio streaming from the most of the popular streaming music services, Internet radio stations, and personal music libraries on any supported product.
“These announcements clearly demonstrate the momentum that Play-Fi technology has in the industry, and the attractiveness of being part of this growing and open ecosystem,” Dannie Lau, general manager, Play-Fi, at DTS, Inc., said in a statement. “We are proud to have made these enormous strides towards our goal of partnering with the leading brands in the business to provide consumers with compelling choices and the best streaming experience possible. These new products, partners and services are terrific additions to the Play-Fi platform.”
Here’s a look at the new Play-Fi audio partners and components:
- MartinLogan: Crescendo X ($999.95) and Bravado ($699.95) wireless speakers, Motion Vision X five-channel soundbar ($1,699.95) and Forte ($599.95) two-channel amplifier. Available in Q4 2015.
- McIntosh Laboratories: MB50 Media Streamer. Will be shown at CEDIA. Available in Q4 2015.
- Paradigm: PW 600 ($599) and PW 800 ($799) speakers. PW AMP ($499) amplifier. Available in Q4 2015. PW Link ($349) pre-amp with ARC will be available in early 2016.
- Definitive Technology: W Studio Microbar multi-room soundbar ($899). Now available.
- Polk: Omni S6 high-performance wireless speakers ($349.95). Now available.
- Wren: Compact V3US wireless speaker, available in standard ($399) and as a portable, battery-powered speaker ($449). Available in January 2016.
Arcam: Leading UK-based audio company will be developing Play-Fi products in the coming months.