Denon Builds On Legendary CD Receiver System Success
Denon has long set the standards for ‘full size’ performance from ultra-compact music systems. With the D-M41, the latest iteration of its legendary M-Series, it has again improved the product with Bluetooth connectivity, an all-new analog design for more refined sound, and sleek styling reminiscent of its flagship separates. The D-M41 is expected to be available in June for $499.99.
Based on the highly successful – and multi-award-winning – D-M40, the all-new D-M41 combines the RCD-M41 CD receiver and matching SC-M41 speakers. And with the D-M41, Denon engineers have completely rethought the design, from the styling and facilities to the audio circuitry, to offer even more performance and value.
Bluetooth is integrated to allow instant wireless connectivity with smartphones, tablets and computers, as part of a package of input choices designed to offer optimal flexibility. The Bluetooth circuitry has been designed complete with an on/off selector, offering convenient wireless connection when required, plus enhanced sound from the other sources like CD, FM or digital in when it’s not in use.
That’s all part of a package of sound enhancements designed to set the D-M41 apart from the competition. The many improvements start with the basics like a completely new discrete analog amplifier circuit for greater clarity and purity, building on Denon’s ‘simple and straight’ design philosophy. The circuit design is kept simple, with shortened signal paths and measures to avoid sources of interference. It’s part of Denon’s Triple Noise Reduction Design, which also encompasses careful separation of analog and digital circuits, and precision signal grounding. In addition, distortion from the input selector, volume control and power amplifier has been suppressed for the purest possible sound.
The new amplifier circuit delivers 2x30W, so the RCD-M41 has more than enough power to drive either the matching SC-M41 speakers or other popular choices, and there’s also a dedicated headphone amplifier section for personal listening.
In addition to the Bluetooth input, built-in CD player and FM/AM radio tuner, two optical digital inputs are provided for external sources, such as the sound from a TV. Hi-res 192kHz/24bit converters handle all digital sources.
High-quality speaker terminals are fitted, along with a preout for use with an active subwoofer, and the RCD-M41 comes complete with a system remote. Finally the style of the RCD-M41 has been updated and refined, echoing the industrial design of Denon’s flagship New Era hi-fi separates, while the optional SC-M41 bookshelf/standmount speakers are also improved to make the most of the CD receiver’s enhanced performance.
It all adds up to a system designed to offer unmatched flexibility, and advance the famous Denon M-Series to new levels of performance.
RCD-M41 Compact size, Hi-Fi quality CD Receiver
- 2 x 30W output, plus preout socket for an active subwoofer
- Bluetooth for instant wireless streaming from smartphones and tablets
- New discrete analogue circuitry for enhanced audio performance
- Simple & straight circuit design
- High-precision Digital/Analog converters to reproduce high definition sound
- Triple Noise Reduction Design for signal purity
- CD, FM/AM radio) and two optical digital inputs
- Dedicated headphone socket for personal listening
- New industrial design derived from flagship NE series separates
- Speaker Optimizer for best performance with SC-M41
- Available in black
SC-M41 Speaker System
- 2-Way speaker system with 4.72” woofer and .98” soft dome tweeter
- Crossover network, to separate woofer and tweeter to reproduce the smoothness of natural sound
- Further tweaked European Sound Tuning
- Available in black and wood
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Technology Integrator. The views expressed within do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Technology Integrator.