D-Link debuts first product in its new Komfy smart home collection
The D-Link Komfy smart home collection got its first official product announcement on Thursday. D-Link debuted the Komfy Switch with Camera (DKZ-201A), a DIY all-in-one smart light switch. The product is designed to replace a one or two-gang light switch and allows users to “keep an eye on their home with a high-definition 1080p camera,” D-Link explained.
“Awareness is everything, and with Komfy you’ll always know the status of your home,” Ken Loyd, director of consumer product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc., said in a statement. “With a Full HD camera, free cloud recording, and multiple sensors with automatic alerts, you can address a problem before it becomes a disaster, allowing you to feel exactly how you should feel at home, which is safe and secure 24/7.”
Here’s a look at the features of the Komfy Switch with Camera that D-Link highlighted in a press release:
- HD 1080p Video with 130° Wide Angle View – view crisp, clear video with a large field of view
- Local and Cloud Recording – record clips to a private cloud account or save clips to a local micro SD card
- Control Lights – easily create on/off schedules for 1 or 2 connected lights or control them remotely from an iOS smartphone or tablet
- Push Notifications – receive alerts when Komfy senses changes in the environment
- Senses Air Quality, Temperature and More – check humidity, air quality and temperature and receive alerts if something changes
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – requires no additional hub or device, works with any Wi-Fi network
- Uses Komfy App – intuitive app for one click management and control from your iOS mobile device
- Two Color Options – choose between a white (DKZ-201S/W) or black (DKZ-201S/D) panel to fit in with your home
The D-Link Komfy Switch with Camera is available for preorder now with shipments expected to begin in December. The product retails for $299.99.