CEDIA Vets Speak Out
The 7 Days of the Creation of CEDIA...
2034 Cotner Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
1) In the beginning...there was darkness across the face of home stereos and 27" TVs...and then Chris Stevens said, "Let there be light. Let small, independent firms working out of their chariots be called, 'Custom Installers' to communicate to the gods of retail manufacturing their needs for specialized products in a unified strong voice." And lo, the word was spread amongst the manufacturers, and to the hosts was born a new generation. Amongst which the house of Harman would eventually grow and multiply beyond all understanding. And Chris looked and it was good.
2) And on the morning of the second day, Tom Doherty said, "It is not good to have CDs laying all over your house, the masses need a way to put them all in one box and watch their music on TV." With countless cleaned up counter tops, there was much rejoicing amongst the colorfully dressed tribes called interior designers.
3) And on the morning of the third day, archangel Joe Kane arose and proclaimed, "All TVs must look the same, but there was much dissent." Yet, lo, by the evening the mighty Kane slew all the nay-sayers and they were cast out.
4) And on the fourth day, Lucas came down from his mountaintop and said, "Lo, it is not enough that people lose their hearing when they come to my temples. They must also become hearing-impaired in their own homes." To which he implanted the word to his prophet Holman and said, "Find a way to both turn it up and earn more license fees!"
5) On the morning of the fifth day, the masses looked upon their coffee tables and cried out, "It is cluttered with remotes. Praise all to the master who can solve this." And out of the wilderness, the opposing tribes of Feldstein & Miller proclaimed, "Lay your hands upon our glass panels, no two of which will ever be the same, to clear your mind of any confusion."