Catching Up With...: Cleerline Technology Group
TI: Aside from the technology behind NSF, what are the benefits of NSF from the standpoints of speed and precision of installation, and ease of use?
D’Addario: Well for last year’s CEDIA Expo, we had four HDMI transceiver solutions on display; the fiber terminations were completed by our warehouse employee with 10 minutes of training prior to. This is a real paradigm shift for many integrators. We are taking a job that was scary and something they literally would rather outsource to make sure it was done correctly, to something they could make into a profit center in a short amount of time. We had one customer train every one of their PMs as well their technicians in the span of a week, and made our product a standard on every job they did moving forward. Prior to NSF, only specialty contractors and those companies that invested weeks of training and thousands of dollars in tooling could work with fiber. NSF makes terminating fiber something anyone do. Essentially, any installer that can terminate a cat5 jack can terminate NSF in the same amount of time or less.
TI: What other product categories is Cleerline developing or exploring to meet the needs of residential integrators, both near- and far term?
D’Addario: Our focus is on expanding the use of fiber; there are multiple directions we approach this from. One is the process of terminating fiber. We feel we’re about 60 percent of the way there with the fiber itself. The other 40 percent is a part of the tools required for the job, as well as the connector itself.
Another area for us is working with current fiber parts and pieces available in the market. Our distributed parts division enables us to bring in the best parts and pieces to support the use of fiber in the home and office. We are in the process of adding several new lines of products that will make it easier for our customers to start deploying fiber themselves for the benefit of their customers.
Lastly, we are partnering with emerging companies that are looking to take advantage of the advantages our fiber creates. The use of fiber has been limited to the pole, the datacenter, and inside walls. Our fiber is enabling concepts that reach much further into our lives, and will transform how we interact with the world around us; faster connectivity is only one portion of the equation.