CEDIA unveils new logo, brand strategy
What do you think? It greeted all the attendees at CEDIA EXPO in Dallas today.
But the "new" CEDIA goes beyond the logo, or "visual identity" as CEDIA calls it. It's also got a new "Vision Statement: Life Lived Best at Home. And it also encompasses a whole new brand strategy.
Says new CEDIA CEO Vin Bruno in a press release:
"CEDIA 2015 provides a unique opportunity to showcase the brand identity and bring it to life for so many of our members. From our new exhibit space and the breadth of our in-booth programming to the inspiring Keynote address, the show gives us an excellent platform to envelop members with the CEDIA brand and reinforce what it stands for - vision, collaboration, innovation and passion."
CEDIA said the motivation behind the new branding was "to understand what matters most to members and how CEDIA can continue to provide a vision and direction for success in the industry." It described "some outputs of the plan":
* Aligning education programs to meet integrators where they are, whether new or seasoned, and provide development pathways to help them move to the next level
* Developing and facilitating new community-building initiatives for year-round networking, mentorship and idea sharing
* Connecting integrators and manufacturers to leverage new technology and expand prosperity
* Leveraging emerging technology and trendspotting to identify new revenue streams
* Introducing a new sophisticated visual identity that better represents the industry and membership
"Our community of integrators is revolutionizing the way people experience their best moments in life at home. We give them comfort, safety, control, connection and entertainment. The new Vision reflects the emotional impact to clients. It's not about the technology, but how the technology improves the moments you and your family spend together at home."