CEDIA CEO Vincent Bruno Speaks at PowerHouse Alliance Meeting
- Chicago meeting brought members and partners together
- Discussed market conditions, marketing and sales tactics
- Keynote by CEDIA CEO Vincent Bruno
Last week, the fourth annual national sales meeting of the PowerHouse Alliance brought together all 12 of its distributor members and 27 vendor partners in Chicago for a dynamic three-day event including vendor meetings, collaborative group activities and distributor member vendor discussions. The PowerHouse Alliance continues growing in its seventh year, with a major focus on training and product support in consumer electronics, residential and commercial A/V, as well as home entertainment, IT and security markets for custom installers, specialty dealers, large retailers and industry buying groups.
“Our annual sales meeting gives members the opportunity to connect and discuss products and trainings directly with vendors and other members, and to layout their game plan and tactics for the remainder of the year,” said PowerHouse Alliance Executive Director Dennis Holzer. “New, improved and additional member facilities and training efforts, as well as continuous improvement of strategies and quality vendor lines, all have contributed to our growth this year.”
The three-day summit kicked off with an enthusiastic keynote address from CEDIA CEO, Vincent Bruno, who discussed CEDIA’s plan to lead the industry and how distributors can better collaborate to support the A/V, entertainment and security industries. “Home technology professionals are in a prime position to support the growing automation and security markets,” commented Bruno. “Trainings and support from distributors and vendors will be key to strengthening their place in the market.”
Bruno also spoke about how CEDIA would like to change the perception of the dealer and integrator in the eyes of the consumer. “What does the consumer search for online when they want speakers installed? Not integrator. In order to bridge the gap between the end user and integrators, we need to speak the same language.” As a starting point, CEDIA plans to drop the term ‘integrator’ and replace it with ‘technologist’.
PowerHouse Alliance members left the event feeling energized for the second half of 2016. Multiple members have trainings and events planned for the remainder of the summer. Below is the full list of training sessions and events scheduled through August:
21st Century Distributing
- Integration and Networking Courses
- Orlando, FL - August 9 and 10, 2016
- Atlanta, GA - August 15 and 16, 2016
- Nashville, TN - August 17 and 18
CED (Consumer Electronics Distributors)
- RTI Training – August 3, 2016 – Northbrook, IL
ECD (Electronic Custom Distributors)
- Lutron Radio Ra2 Training – August 3, 2016 – Houston, TX (Bell & McCoy Office)
- Lutron Radio Ra2 Training - August 4, 2016 – Dallas, TX (Lutron Design Center)
- 4th Annual BBQ Bash and Trade Show - August 4, 10am to 7pm - Clifton, NJ
- Network Training
- Simi Valley, CA – August 16, 2016
- Van Nuys, CA – August 17, 2016
- Cerritos, CA – August 18, 2016
- Irvine, CA – August 23, 2016
- San Diego, CA – August 25, 2016
- Ontario, CA – August 30, 2016
- Las Vegas, CA – September 1, 2016
Visit the Member Events Calendar on the PowerHouse Alliance website here for additional details of the events and trainings and for links to register on the member websites.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Technology Integrator. The views expressed within do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Technology Integrator.