Call for Presenters for Global Warranty and Service Contract Association Conference
The Global Warranty and Service Contract Association has put out the call for presenters for its third annual conference, which will be held at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago from September 21-23. The theme of the agenda for this year’s GWSCA show is Customer Engagement: The Critical Role of Warranty and Service Contracts.
As it’s developing the programming, and as potential presenters craft and submit their proposals, GWSCA offers a list of suggested topics of interest. That list is not exhaustive, but here’s a look at the type of content they’re aiming for:
- Improving service contract attach rates
- Enhancing the value of the service contract offering
- Aspects of supplier/vendor relationships, including supplier recovery
- Using warranty rates as a reward for quality
- Operational efficiency in warranty administration
Cross over topics
- Regulations and compliance
- New technology/processes in support of warranty and service contract
- Warranty Maturity Model and Service800 case studies
All proposals must be submitted electronically and include the following information:
- Brief bio for the presenter (100-200 words)
- Photo of presenter suitable for use in conference promotional materials and program
Presentations are expected to be 30-40 minutes in length, and those selected as presenters will be required to submit their completed presentation materials to the Global Warranty and Service Contract Association by August 21 for inclusion with conference materials. Presenters may also be invited to participate in panel discussions throughout the conference.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is June 1. Proposals can be submitted to Terry Hawkins, President of the Global Warranty and Service Contract Association, at firstname.lastname@example.org.