After nearly a decade of innovation and development, Bose unveiled their Professional EdgeMax in-ceiling loudspeakers at InfoComm in Orlando. The two speakers, that is differentiated by 90-degree vs 180-degrees of coverage, have Bose's proprietary PhaseGuide technology which is designed for mounting near wall boundaries. Bose claims that it can lift as much as four
Bose claims that it can lift as much as four conventional loudspeakers, and eliminates the need for a center-mounted speaker.
“The new EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers really create a new category of loudspeakers,” states Alan B. Shirley, Product Line Manager, Installed Loudspeakers for Bose Professional. “Combining the superior coverage patterns typical of larger surface-mount loudspeakers with the visually appealing aesthetics of in-ceiling loudspeakers – which are preferred by most architects, interior designers, and system integrators – EdgeMax loudspeakers can provide superior audio quality and coverage while reducing the number of in-ceiling loudspeakers required, compared to conventional models.”
EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers are available with two different horizontal coverage patterns. EdgeMax EM90 models provide nominal 90-degree horizontal coverage and are intended for in-ceiling mounting near room corners. EdgeMax EM180 models provide nominal 180-degree horizontal coverage and are intended for in-ceiling mounting near wall boundaries centered along target coverage zones. Both models feature 75-degree asymmetrical vertical coverage, which is optimized for ceiling heights between eight feet and 20 feet.
Key features of EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers:
- PhaseGuide technology, which provides unique asymmetrical vertical coverage pattern designed for room-filling sound when mounted in-ceiling near wall boundaries
- 1.3-inch diaphragm compression driver for best-in-class audio quality with superior frequency response and coverage consistency versus typical dome tweeters
- Eight-inch woofer with wall-boundary loading, which provides extended bass impact
- Two-way passive crossover with 8-ohm or 70V/100V transformer taps
- New mounting clamp system for fast, easy installs
- Magnetically attached grill for quick access to wiring and tap settings
- UL1480 listing for air-handling (plenum) space installation
- Easy installation, saving integrators time in the field