Audio Gear Group, a manufacturer and distributor of fine architectural and landscape loudspeakers, multi-channel amplifiers, custom installation accessories and more under the BLACK, M&K, and Carver brands is launching multiple new models in its BLACK high-performance line of upgraded speaker and electronics products. The breadth of this new model launch of their high-end BLACK series is vast and includes new in-ceiling and in-wall models, flexible new landscape and outdoor audio speakers, and a monster, floor-shaking, 4.2Kilowatt 11-channel pro-cinema-grade amplifier.
This is the broadest launch in the company’s young history and it gives a glimpse of the future for this rapidly expanding brand. Those attending the upcoming CEDIA EXPO in San Diego on September 4-8 can see all these new models and more in Booth #2711 of the San Diego Convention Center.
The BLACK brand offers a full assortment of true audiophile-grade architectural and landscape audio products made available throughout the United States via the support of a hand-selected group of premium dealers. Sure to delight clients, BLACK outperforms most other brands both visually and sonically…and also, in affordability. Not only are BLACK speakers better designed, but the company offers compatible subwoofers for both indoor and outdoor installations, delivering fuller, richer aural performance.
Integrators and dealers will appreciate the many unique features of BLACK, such as:
- Easier and higher performance mounting via thread-strip and rust resistant machine bolts and specially damped, vibration and resonance resistant pro mounting grips
- Contour switching on Reference & Performance models to adjust the frequency balance to match the specific room material composition
- Custom crossover elements with audiophile grade components for superior sound quality. The crossover has a Protective Shield to protect components from exposure to dust and debris.
- BLACK’s professionally designed three levels of performance in all popular sizes – offering integrators maximum flexibility in system design within any budget
In addition to all of the above, and unlike some other speaker brands in the market, BLACK offers a matching line of high-quality electronics that is up to the challenge of driving such high-performance speaker designs. This includes the brand new THEATRO X11, a beast of an amplifier offering 11 high-quality channels of thunderous 380 watts each of pro cinema-grade sound.
The company also offers all of the latest problem-solving solutions such as super-slim mount speaker models, performance-enhancing back boxes, full-performance LCR speakers, gut-rumbling subwoofers, the unique AirBass wireless subwoofer technology and more.
BLACK Models Being Launched at CEDIA EXPO
Here is a brief summary of the new BLACK models launching at the 2018 CEDIA EXPO:
- THEATRO X11 Amplifier – This 234-pound beast of an amplifier gives you 11-channels of 380 watts of premium theater sound in one 10RU box. This is more than enough power and channels for just about any theater configuration, whether a 7.2 traditional theater configuration, or 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos setup. The THEATRO X11 offers both unbalanced and, as is often preferred by audiophiles, balanced XLR inputs. It also offers a 12-volt trigger for integration into your home automation system. The THEATRO X11 is a must-see product at the CEDIA EXPO.
- SC-800 In-Wall Subwoofer– An in-wall subwoofer with 8” injected Polypropylene woofer and 10” passive radiator, for when you want big bass in a small space. BLACK engineers have created a space-saving design that easily installs in your wall cavity and uses both an active 8” woofer with a 10” passive radiator for deep, extended bass response. The SC-800 has a paintable frame and grill to blend into any décor. The SC-800 is rated to handle 300watts.
- T64 In-Wall LCR – An in-wall LCR speaker with two 61/4” Graphite Mineral-filled cone woofers and 1” Ceramic Coated Aluminum dome tweeter for superior full-frequency spectrum reproduction. The T64 is a left/center/right speaker that brings tower speaker performance into an in-wall configuration. The woofers employ thermal plastic rubber (TPR) surrounds with has better flex properties yet remains stiffer and longer lasting. Can be mounted vertically or horizontally. The T64 is rated for 40watts (RMS) and 80 watts (peak).
- T65 In-Wall LCR- The next step up from the T64, the T65 - an in-wall LCR speaker with two 61/4” Carbon Fiber cone woofers, one 4” paper cone midrange driver, and a 1” Titanium dome tweeter for audiophile-grade full frequency spectrum performance. The T65 incorporates all of our top materials, such as the superior Carbon Fiber woofers with Thermal Plastic Rubber surrounds, and a Titanium tweeter – for the most accurate music reproduction. The T65 is rated at 100watts (peak) and 60 watts (RMS).
- R62SS – While others go thin, BLACK offers this super shallow R62SS 6½” in-ceiling speaker that brings true higher fidelity performance with an amazing space saver ultra-thin design for those special situations where depth is limited and traditional designs just won’t do. Sold by the pair, the R62SS offers a 6½” Composite Glass Fiber cone woofer, a 1” PEI dome tweeter. Shipped with BLACK’s popular Perfect Edge™ magnetic grills and carrying a Limited Lifetime Warranty, the R62SS offers uncompromised sonic performance with unequaled flexibility in the shallow mount speakers category. R62SS is rated at 25-100 watts power handling.
- PLS6 Pendant Speaker – An indoor/outdoor 2-way 70v pendant speaker with 6½” Polypropylene cone woofer and 1” Aluminum dome tweeter, the PLS6 is designed for high ceilings and open environments. The PLS6 enclosure is made up of UV-resistant and paintable Polypropylene, making the PLS6 perfect for indoor or outdoor use. (Separate PLS6-ACCPK accessory kit available to convert the pendant design for outdoor mounting.) The PLS6 features a 25V/70V/100V/8 ohm selector for simple configuration to either residential or commercial use. Thanks to its combination of both a full frequency response for rich sonic performance and a wide dispersion sound pattern for full area coverage, the PLS6 is the handy solution for almost any situation. Its upgraded sound quality also makes it a great choice for both music and paging use. The PLS6 is rated to handle 40 watts (RMS) of power.
- PLS6-ACCPK – This accessory pack includes everything you need to convert the PLS6 Pendant Speaker into an outdoor speaker. The kit includes stake, metal plate, full cap, rubber seal, speaker wire lead, and screws. Via these accessories, the PLS6 design can match the typical outdoor lighting fixture either staked into the ground or with the metal plate, has a base buried into the turf.
- P83 Black/White – The P83 is an all-weather outdoor speaker perfect for placement on a patio, deck, or other outdoor living space. A full-featured 8” 2-way design, the P83 includes an 8” injected Polypropylene woofer for robust bass response coupled with a 1” Titanium tweeter for crystal clear mid-range and high frequencies. The P83 can handle 150 watts of power for area-filling sound. Fully weather-proofed, all necessary mounting brackets are included for a recommended under-eave positioning. Note that the P83 also offers 70-volt settings for use in a commercial installation and is available in either a durable Black or White finish. With P83, the great outdoors never sounded greater.
In addition to these all-new BLACK models, Audio Gear Group will also be showing an assortment of fine products from Miller & Kreisel (M&K), and Carver. All integrators are invited to stop by and to see all these and more at the CEDIA Expo in Booth #2711 in the San Diego Convention Center.