Almo Professional A/V to Acquire IAVI and Go Global
It will also make Almo a global company via the procurement of IAVI’s Latin American business.
The transaction is expected to close next month.
“We are proud to be a third generation, family-owned American company with a vision to expand job opportunities and fuel the economy,” said Warren Chaiken, president and CEO for Almo Corporation. “Taking care of our employees, partners and manufacturers has always been first. The acquisition will give thousands of resellers and integrators access to top quality distribution while making Almo Pro A/V a highly competitive global distributor.”
“For nearly 20 years, IAVI has brought a value-add approach to the market with its high level of customer service, talented employees and established success in Latin America. This is in alignment with what Almo Pro A/V has been building and why IAVI was a perfect fit to become a part of our company. Combined with our managed services, engineering and design support, and leading education and training programs, Almo brings a new depth of opportunity to the Pro AV community that is currently not available,” Sam Taylor, executive vice president and COO for Almo Professional A/V, stated.
“In looking for ways to expand the business, I saw that becoming a part of a larger entity like Almo Corporation would provide a multitude of benefits for our customers, our partners and our employees,” Wade Gilbert, Founder and President of IAVI, also said.
“Taking best practices from both companies will allow us to build an even stronger value proposition for our customers," he continued.
New benefits for previous IAVI partners will include:
- Access to Almo’s content creation, installation and bandwidth managed services.
- eBusiness portal, Almo Access, which includes online tracking, ordering, price sheets, return requests, customized spec sheets, images and more.
- Inventory in seven warehouses across the country for nationwide projects.
- Access to new product lines for both the professional and consumer markets.
- Education programs, such as the E4 AV Tour, to help resellers stay ahead of the trends and be more competitive.
Additional details about the acquisition will become available over the next month.